Friday, October 14, 2011

Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus!

Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus is one of my most favorite sandwich spreads! I thank Panera Bread for encouraging my addiction with their Mediterranean Veggie sandwich! Here is what you'll need:

1 can chick peas
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tbl Tahini Paste
2 Garlic Cloves
1 1/2 Tbl Lemon juice
1-2 Jalapenos (depending on how hot you want it)
2 Tbl Olive Oil
1 Tbl Cumin
2 Tbl Water (approximate)

Put all of the ingredients except for the water into a food processor.




Process until smooth, adding the water to achieve the texture that you want. More water will make it creamier.


I personally love to use this hummus on my sandwiches in place of other condiments. It's also great just to dip hummus or veggies into. Enjoy!!!



2 comments:

  1. What is Tahini Paste and where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a paste that is made out of ground sesame seeds. Most major grocery stores will carry it, but in different sections! Ours is usually in the isle that has all of the olives and olive oils. I usually ask at a new store...and that person often has to ask some one else! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...