Saturday, November 5, 2011

Powdered Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe

There is no more denying it. Winter is creeping up on those of us in the northern hemisphere. Cold weather has either settled in or it's knocking at your back door. Which means it is time for one of my old favorites, hot chocolate. Which my husband and I are drinking while I write this....


And who made the rule that you use mini marshmallows in your hot chocolate? The big ones look like they fit in there just fine, thank you.

Now, as usual you can go purchase hot chocolate at the store. Or you can be crafty and make your own. It's easy, most everything I do is! This is the recipe I use for powdered hot chocolate mix, I like this because you can make a lot ahead of time and it's fun to package and give to people.

2 1/2 cups dry powdered milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 c cocoa
1/4 c 3 Tbl non dairy creamer
1/4 c granulated sugar



Just dump all of the ingredients together in a container and mix them up. I put about 5 heaping tablespoons in a mug and then fill with hot water. You can also use milk if you prefer. Throw some marshmallows on top or (my favorite) stick a candy cane in it. I like watching the candy cane seem to melt and the added flavor is fantastic!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...