Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Brussels Sprouts: Oh My!

  Okay, don't run away. Brussels Sprouts are fabulous, you just have to cook them right. We go through them like crazy in our house. I just bought almost four pounds of them today and they'll be gone before the weekend. My husband asks for them, I think he'd take them for every meal.
  To start off, a little brussels sprouts information. Try to get smaller ones, I've found that they taste better. The bigger ones will need to be cooked a little bit longer.

Okay! Time to make brussels sprouts! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

12 brussels sprouts (or how every many you want!)
Olive Oil, approximately 1-2 Tablespoons
Salt
Pepper

Cut the stems off of your brussels sprouts. Then you want to cut them into wedges, depending on the size 2 or 4 pieces. Top them with olive oil and stir so that they are all nicely coated. Next crack fresh pepper and sea salt over them.

  Lay the brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake them for 15 minutes until they're nice and crispy...and ready to eat!

  I like to serve them with this Spicy Aioli I love. To make it you'll need

1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 cup mayo (I use fat free!!)
2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
2 Tbl Olive Oil
1 garlic clove, diced
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika

Mix all of the ingredients together and it's ready. You can make this aioli before hand and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Another option is to make a garlic aioli. Just get rid of the cumin, coriander, and paprika. Add a couple tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley.

5 comments:

  1. love, love, love brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so obsessed with them! I don't understand why they have a bad rep. ha ha

      Delete
  2. I love brussel sprouts. Roasting veggies really brings the flavor out... love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an addict! I eat them like candy, the poor things have a bad name! I love how roasting veggies makes them taste, I think it's much better! =]

      Delete

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...