Friday, May 4, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs


  I was at the market the other day and came across a display of wonderful smelling rosemary plants...for $2 a piece! So of course one had to come home with me. I planted it outside the back door and immediately began planning all the adventures my rosemary plant and I would have.

  I like meat on a stick. It's divine. I like rosemary too. So I chose to make some Mediterranean flavored chicken kabobs. Easy and delicious! This recipe will feed approximately 4 people, or dinner for two with leftovers for lunch the next day. 


4 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we buy a family pack which has 5 in it)
3/4 cup olive oil
1 TBL fresh Thyme, diced
2 TBL fresh Rosemary, diced
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Lemons, juiced
4 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 tsp pepper
Vegetables for grilling (optional...we usually use portabella mushrooms and a red onion)

Mix all of your ingredients (except the chicken) together in a bowl

  Take your chicken breasts and chop then into about 1" size pieces. Then I like to use gallon storage bags to marinate my meat in. For this I divided the chicken and the marinade into two separate bags and I allowed them to marinate over night for lunch the next day. Give the meat at least two hours in the mixture.

  If you're going to use vegetables, I chop them about 30 minutes before I plan on cooking the meat. Then I throw them in a little mixture of lemon and some herbs with a small amount of olive oil. Just enough to coat them. I let them sit (in the fridge) while I get the grill started.

 When you're ready, get your charcoal (or gas) grill going. Or in my case, tell your husband to. Thread your chunks of chicken and (if using) vegetables onto skewers. I put the skewers on the grill and cook the chicken for a total of 20 minutes, but I turn them every 5 so they cook evenly. The time depends a lot on the size of your pieces of meat and how hot your grill is. Just make sure that your chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees. Pull off the skewers and enjoy!

  If you don't have access to an outdoor grill, you can always cook these under your broiler. I don't think they taste as good, but it's better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...